Summer Garlic Bread
- French bread or whole what bread
- Black grounded Pepper
- Minced garlic (or 3 cloves garlic)
- Mozzarella cheese
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- Cut french bread into however many needed slices. Cut diagonally.
- Melt butter and minced garlic (Here would be good time to mince your garlic cloves) in a bowl.
- After melted, spread onto slices of bread.
- Sprinkle a hint of ground black pepper.
- Add a thin slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in toaster oven for about 5 minutes. I used the <Toast> option and i toasted it for about 4 squares worth. If you are using the traditional big oven, bake it at 350° for 30 mins.
- After it finishes, let it sit for about a minute or two in the toaster to golden up.
- Serve and enjoy!
* Ive experimented with Sourdough. At first, there was a strange aftertaste that I could not pinpoint. However, I came to the realization that sourdough was SOUR! Duh! So therefore, sourdough was not a good fit for garlic bread, at least in my opinion. So I decided to try french bread and see if that makes a difference. Lo and behold, it made a difference! Since then, I’ve stuck with French bread for homemade garlic bread ever since!
Update: Recently, I’ve experimented with whole wheat bread and it works just the same as french bread.