The only time I make Ginger tea is when I feel like I’m coming down with something such as the cold or flu. Or when I feel it’s cold outside and I want to be on the safe side and not get sick. You can think of it as my “insurance policy”.
- Fresh deskinned ginger root
- Brown sugar
1) boil water in a pot. While waiting for water to boil, deskin ginger and thinly slice it.
2) Once the water boils, add the ginger and.brown sugar in. Give it a good stir or two.
3) Let it simmer for a few minutes.
4) Turn heat off, serve, and enjoy!
Please check back later for pics!
It’s the last few weeks of September 2018 and I’m already in Fall mode. Drinking hot coffees, hot teas, hot this and that, etc. One recipe that eluded me for the longest time ever was this recipe, basic chai. I came across it couple years back, but the results somehow was different, in a bad way or undesired way. Thankfully, my stroke of luck changed and I found the right recipe on pinterest. Heres how I made mine.
- Green cardamom
- Cinnamon stick
- Fennel seeds
- Black peppercorn
- Grated (or small sliced) ginger
- Star anise
- Whole milk
- Assam loose tea leaves
1) First, you would boil #1-9 together in a pot. Once it starts to boil, bring it down to a medium simmer.
Note: if you have sealable tea pouches, I would highly recommend using that. Clean up wise, it’s much more efficient that way.
2) Let it simmer for a couple minutes to allow the flavors to seep into the water. Once it turns into a golden color, go ahead and add the whole milk in.
3) Turn the heat up to let it boil. Once it
boils, turn the heat back down to a medium simmer.
4) Allow to simmer for another couple minutes. Once it’s been simmering for couple minutes, add the loose Assam tea leaves.
5) Allow tea leaves to stoop for a minute or two, but not too long.
6) Add sugar and give it a good stir to combine and dissolve the sugar.
7) Filter if neccessary into individual cups!
After having made it and tried this recipe, I never would have thought fennel seed, whole milk, and sugar was the answer all along!