깍두기 반찬 레시치 (kkakdugi banchan recipe)
- 2 lbs. Daikon radish
- ~1 big spoonful of sea salt
- ~ 1.5 big spoonful of sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 in. minced ginger
- 1/4 cup korean chile flakes
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- Deskin and cut daikon into bite sized pieces.
- Add sea salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add minced garlic, minced ginger, korean chile powder flakes, and fish sauce and mix well until all daikon pieces turn red.
- Transfer to a stain and odor free glass or ceramic/porcelain container. (ATTN: plastic container not recommended!)
- Lightly cover the top directly with plastic wrap, but still allowing the container to air through the edges.
- Place in a dark area (if you’re like me, where you don’t use oven often, you can place it in the oven.)
- Mix once each day that you are waiting.
- After waiting for two to three days, serve and enjoy. Can be kept in container for up to 2 weeks after fermentation.